Helsinki City Marathon Relay – new event May 19th 2018
Helsinki City Marathon Relay will take place for the first time on May 19th 2018! The Marathon Relay is a great way to share the atmosphere of a marathon among a team.
The registration fee will raise in price steps. The organizer hopes that this encourages different kinds of teams to join the marathon relay, including groups of friends, coworkers or sport club teams.
NOTE! The registration for Helsinki City Marathon Realy ends on April 30th 2018!
One person (the team leader) may enter a team and add the other runners to the registration later. Team leader is responsible for updating the details of the runners. The team should be final April 30th 2018.
Included in the entry fee:
- Participation to the event for four persons.
- Refreshment points along the route according to each leg and at finish line for the whole team
- Finisher medal
- Printable diploma via result system
- Equipment service at finish area
- International result service UltimateLIVE
- 1 day ticket for the Helsinki City Transportation for four persons
- First aid on the route and at the finish
- Showering possibility after the race
- Free training runs once per month (in Helsinki region)
Cancelling the participation, cancelling insurance and transferring the participation to a new runner:
- Team bib number is personal and should not be given to another person without re-registering. Team leader can re-register runner with out payment by April 30th 2018.
- Participation fee will not be refunded in any case. You do not need to inform the organization if your team can’t participate the race.
- Cancellation insurance is not available for the Marathon Relay.
- The route is the same as the Sportyfeel Helsinki City Marathon route 2017. The starting line is at Paavo Nurmi statue and the finish line is located at Telia 5 G Areena.
- The starting time of the first runner for the Marathon Relay is 15:30 (3:30 P.M.)
- Competition office and the Running Expo are open on Friday May 18th at 9:00-19:00 and Saturday May 19th 8:00-14:00 for the bib and race package pick up. Relay team picks the numbers up in one envelope.
- The team consist of 4 people. Two legs will be shorter 7,5 and 8 km and the other two longer ones 15 and 12 km. The changing areas are located at Merikatu (15 km), Kansalaistori (23 km) and at Munkkiemen Pikkuniemi (30 km).
- The relay changing areas are planned in a way that they are easily reached with public transportation. The daily ticket of the Helsinki public transportation is included in the entry fee. There is no transportation organized to transition areas.
- The transition areas will be located alongside of the route. Therefore, the route will not get longer than the full marathon. The change from one runner to next one is done when the first runner touches the second one.
- Runners may use a baton, but it is not necessary.
- The timing system works with a bib tag attached to the bib number. The team runs joint time. The Marathon Relay will have the split times each 10 kilometers, just like the marathon event.
- All runners receive a gear bag from the Competition office while picking up the number and running package. The official gear check area is located at Finish area (Bollis). There will not be separate equipment storage at the transition areas. Each team will take care of their teammates’ equipment during the race.
- There are 14-15 refreshment stations along the route at use. These are the same ones than with the Helsinki City Marathon. There is also greater variety of services and food available at the finish area. All team members can enter the finish area.
All rights to changes reserved.